*~aNeCdOtEs~*

Just a fun bloggie....for amusement. =Þ

Saturday, January 22, 2005

~*MoSqUiTo BiTes*~

You don't expect to be sick while overseas on a holiday, right? Well...while I was in the Philippines, I had the flu just before Christmas. Then I got better. Then...suddenly after the new year...I suddenly got sick again. Except this time, it was a lot worst than last time. My mum found out cuz I started throwing up everything I ate...as in immediately. I had the fever...on and off and I started to get rashes. Silly me, I told my mum that it was no big deal, just the flu and probably my allergies acting up again. She made me go see the doctor who said: "It looks like dengue, so you better have a blood test to make sure." So I had a blood test and the results came out almost immediately. Hrm. Turned out that I did have dengue...but just the early stages. The doctor said: "You're very lucky that your dengue was detected! If you had waited till the fifth day to see a doctor and get treatment, your white blood cells would have gone down to zero and you would have been dead!" Fortunately, he said I didn't have to go to the hospital. He said that all I need to do is to take his medicine, because he is a very experienced doctor when it comes to dengue cases. He then proceeded to give me 7 different kinds of medicine....2 of which were to prevent me from bleeding and throwing up blood. I also wasn't allowed to eat certain foods like yellow fruits and veggies, beef and tomato (><") ! Fortunately, after about 10 days of rest and medication, my white blood cells were back to normal. Yay! No more dengue! =Þ

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm just surfing today. Hello to everybody!! :)
    KEVIN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home